Saturday, December 18, 2010

Transitions

It makes me wonder what would happen to a person if he were to find out that all he believed in, strove for, suddenly stopped existing.

Would he be ever able to forget?
Or, would he be able to pick himself up in case he didn't forget?
How would he react to his new surroundings?

Simple things like that. What I am talking about here is single minded attention and effort towards a single purpose.

Let me take an example. Take a small kid. Say at a very young age, he found an obscure object by chance that he took to immediately. He felt this was the most beautiful object in the whole world. He held it so close to himself so that nothing else could lay its eyes on it. Everyday after school, he would hold it close to him all the time. He would sleep with it beside him. He would dream of it when he wasn't near it. Over the years, the kid became obsessed with the object. His entire chain of thought had just one focus - 'it'. Now, one morning, to his horror, he finds that this dear object of his is gone. He looks for it, but is unsuccessful. The young man that kid has grown into is all lost and sunken. The entire universe around him seems to be shrinking upon him.
What can he do? I suppose he would either let this loss overcome him and plunge him into depths of doom where all he feels is agony and despair or try to recreate this object using his imagination. The point is what is right. More so, is it right to judge him by any of his actions?

Let us suppose he chooses the latter option. He reaches out to the immediate group of people that know him. He tells them stories of his precious over and over again looking for a small degree of comfort. We are nothing but surroundings to his little world. But it is HIS world! I agree he never made us his priority but we are a stimulus to him.

So what do we do?

Do we welcome him or MOCK him because he didn't include us in his paradise? MOCK HIM! YES! That is what most of us will do, me being no exception. I find this very paradoxical. All of us hold something very dear to us. Something that we don't want to share with anyone but ourself. It is a matter of instinct and security. Then, why do we behave in such a way?

I think deeply about it. At times, I feel joyous because i had a laugh. At times, devilish; maybe because my life is so screwed up and I want others to go through the same. I sometimes feel sympathetic too.

But mostly, I feel CHEATED!!

No comments:

Post a Comment